Thursday, February 23, 2012

57 days

As you may know, Josh has been gone for about 430 days. Yes... that is more than a year! More than a year without my best friend, more than a year without my partner, more than a year without the father of my children. This has been the best and one of the hardest things we have ever had to do.
Josh & I at Christmas time 2011

Ashten when Daddy left (8 months)
Ashten was only 8 months old when Josh left.... he will be 22 months when he gets back. Josh has missed almost ALL of his baby-ness. The boys and I all have changed in the 15 months. Change is inevitable and constant. I think that is what I am most worried about honestly.

Josh has changed so much during this deployment. He has become such a strong and mighty man of God and I am so proud of him. He is a man of his word & not too many men are these days. He works hard and he is so smart! He has always been all of these things but not ever to the extent he is now, if that makes sense.

Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli & Quinoa Casserole




And I have changed so much too! I mean for starters I COOK!!! :) That is a big one! When Josh left my version of a home cooked meal was heating up a Stouffer's lasagne. Well no more buddy... this mama meal plans, makes whole foods from scratch & can turn a pantry of nothing into an amazing 4 course meal. Needless to say I am pretty proud of myself. I have continued to dive deeper into the word of God and I have truly made strides in my effort to become a Proverbs 31 women.

When I was working for the City and going to school, I always thought I was a good mom. Well.... little did I know I was just playing mom and missing ALL THE GOOD STUFF!!!! My babies give me loves and cuddle and talk to me and we read together. For the first time I can honestly say that I feel like I am a GREAT MOM... well most days I feel like I am.
Cohen has now lost 2 teeth!

Cohen is so smart. He is way above grade level in every way possible but because of the downsides of public school he is having a hard time in class. Frankly, HE IS BORED OUT OF HIS MIND. So.... Josh & I have talked and weighed the pro's & con's and have decided that starting in June we will begin homeschooling our children full-time. We are going to start first grade with Cohen and probably end the year out ending second.

I absolutely adore his fashion sense & his cheesy smile!


Tallen will start the kindergarden curriculum and he is soooo excited about it! :) We have combined the boys into one room that we call the sleeping room and have turned the other room into the playroom/schoolroom. I am excited to team teach with my husband.


Ash now a days. (20 months)

Ashten is doing so great too. He is so fun and loving. He is a big time kisser and I am going to have to teach him that those kisses are only his mama's... well and daddy. ;)






Josh and I will both be back in school full-time starting summer term and it will be an adventure for sure. I am praying for a smooth transition back to being a whole family.
 
God knows my heart and he knows my desires. 
And I am keeping the faith that his love will carry us through this adventure... 
he always has! 

PS.... 57 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment