Friday, September 17, 2010

Its been awhile...

Lately I have been thinking that I really want to start getting back to the "things" in life that make me feel very passionate... not just the things that I have to do. Most of my time, it seems, is taken up by meaningless motions. I am better than that. Yes, I am a wife and mother of 3 small boys but I REFUSE to let that be the only thing that defines me. I LOVE my husband and my children more than life itself but I am still Lacey! So... I have this huge blank wall that i will be working on in the next few weeks.


I am going to paint a mural using canvas' in all shapes and sizes that goes across my wall. My living room is one of my favorite rooms in my house. It is cozy and eclectic. I have no idea what I am going to paint but whatever it is will be bold and full of color. Robust may be a good term for what I invision.






Other things have been going on lately, too:

  • Ashten & Tallen both were dedicated to the Lord on September 6th. It is always an emotional thing when you stand in front of your congregation and openly say:
"Yep, I am totally giving this (or these) child(ren) back to you God. They are yours. Hold me accountable."

That is a very powerful statement. I pray that I upkeep that declaration everyday in all my actions. 
  • Ashten, was born on June 15th and if he would have come home with me then I totally would have done his newborn pictures within about 2 weeks. Well, my children like to come early and like to live in the NICU for a few weeks so here the little bugger is 12 weeks old and we just got them done. But hey he was 8 weeks early so if you subtract... 12-8=4... so he's really only a month old. So here they are. I LOVE THEM!!! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment