Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkins and Career College Students

Saturday we went to Staheli Farms to do the pumpkin patch thing. It was fun.. I miss real pumpkin patches though. The animals were cute though. Cohen & Tallen got to get up close and a little too personal with some goats, cows, pigs & a donkey. Tallen screamed bloody murder when my brother in law Kyle tried to put him on the donkey which was pretty freakin' funny to me. We got a "perfect pumpkin" according to Cohen. It was fun though hanging out with the Ostermans', Maikranz', Valleys', Wilsons' & the Wallis'. Yeah basically everyone in my family and close friends.


Today I had an epiphany that I am a career college student. I have tried almost everything that there is to try and have "seriously decided on my major" a BAZILLION times. My husband confirmed to me today that I "really need to figure out a school and stick with it." He is on a roll today with school and our future. We have seriously started thinking about and praying about our futures and what God wants us to do. What direction we are supposed to be going in. And this is what we are thinking. We may possibly within the next year or so be going on a 1.5 - 2 year sebatical where Josh will work on a degree in Christian Ministries & Biblical Studies. I will just continue to work on my Recreation Managemet degree (hopefully). We will see what path the Lord takes us on, but I know that he will make a much better decision on our future than we ever will so that is why I have NO problem leaving it ALL to him! FYI... a major component of Josh wanting a Biblical degree is to work in Ministry but also to "argue" our religion. Anyone who knows Josh will get a kick out of that. I wish they had a Christian Law degree. It would be right up his alley. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment