Sunday, October 11, 2009

Little boys are worth more than gold!

Today was my nephew Austin's baby dedication. Everyone came into town and was at church to be part of the celebration. As part of our faith we put high priority on the whole family (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) to be a part of a Christian upbringing. My sister in law Kale' was very emotional about the whole thing which was very touching because she normally is such a strong person. I really admire seeing people like that show their emotions, it just means so much more to me. Kale' has a daughter who is 3 and this is probably going to be her last and she prayed very hard for the Lord to give her a son. She spoke about Hannah and her barren womb and how much she yearned and prayed for a son. Hannah made a covenant with God that if he gave her a son she would give him right back to him as on offering of thanks. Kale' is very much like Hannah in this manner that she has devoted her children back to the Lord and it is evident in their upbringing. I am very proud of her for the mother she is. She is very much my family but also one of my closet friends. She is the picture of love and devotion to the Lord through her children and it is an amzing example for the rest of us.


As the day has gone on I have been overly emotional (probably lack of sleep or something) but I have really been thinking about how much I influence my children by everything I do & say. They are my number 1 imitators and I do know how important that is. I didn't always have the best examples as I grew up but what I did have was a mother who loved me more than anything else. I want that obviously but I want to add to it and love the Lord with everything I have and in turn be able to love my children more because our God gives us the ability to love more than humanly possible. He is the Lord who multiplies everything in my life uncluding my love for my children.

I just want to take this time to point out the sons ARE a special gift from God. As mothers we should feel HONORED to have a son for God has called men to be the leaders of their homes which is such a huge blessing & responsibility. Men carry our family names, traditions & values so we should be extra careful of what they learn. I love my sons so much and am so honored to have been given them. Thank you to my heavenly father for giving my the opportunity to be the mother of the most vivacious little boys in the whole world. Little boys truly are worth more than gold!

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful day! I was blessed by what Kale' said as well. It made me thankful for my three boys and honored to have your family in my life! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete